Books I'm Reading

Someone famous once said that leaders are readers. I don't know if that's true, but it rhymes-which makes it catchy!

When I read a lot of books in my youth, it made me a nerd. I'm not sure how later in life it qualifies me to be a leader, but it definitely helps me think and approach theology, worship and leadership from different perspectives. I read (finish) one book a week, but at any given time I could be in the middle of a few different ones. These are the texts I'm wrestling through right now.



We Have Seen His Glory-Ben Witherington III

I'm trying to tackle this one in order to use it as a textbook for my classes at
Ocean's Edge School of Worship this fall. Great premise for worship perspective-I'm about halfway through and I'm loving it!














One Minute Manager-Ken Blanchard

I'm always looking for help becoming a better leader of people and manager/steward of their talents, gifts and resources. This is a classic but I've never read it before, so I started it this week. Recommended to me by my boss, Pastor Clay Hecocks.















Orthodoxy- G.K. Chesterton

This guy is brilliant, and most of his philosophical arguments are filled with humor and sarcasm. I'd put him right up there with C.S. Lewis when it comes to brilliant theologians and philosophers, although I can read Lewis in bigger chunks it seems. I've been working on this one for a while now, and the content is solid.

0 Comments: