Take Care of Yo' Money



One of the things I truly believe is that no one else will take care of my money better than myself. Most people just want some of it. I can't really think of very many people who want to help me keep it/keep track of it/reduce debt/etc. And I can't think of anyone who would want to do all of that for free.

The last couple years I've been using Mvelopes, which is budgeting software originally put out by Crown Financial Ministries. The problem is that this software costs somewhere around 8-12 bucks a month. Then I discovered Mint.

Voila!

An incredible web-based software program that will keep all your accounts together and help you see all of them in one place. I have all my accounts, credit cards, loans, mortgages, and retirement accounts in one place. I can now categorize my expenditures easily to see how much I'm actually spending and where I can save the most money. I can see my retirement account grow (or shrink!) easily, and I can watch my debt go down.

And it's free.

And no, I'm not getting paid to write this, but it's so helpful at watching your money that I had to tell my friends. During these economic times a free program that helps you do this is a treasure.

Maybe Mint.com won't change your life. But like a mirror, it will reveal your (financial) countenance to you in one place, allowing you to respond and get your house in order.

Check it out-let me know what you think!

0 Comments: