Music!

I don't know how this happened, but somehow by God's grace music is something I get to be a part of a lot. In the past 15 years, I've met some really talented people who are incredibly gifted in music, and sometimes I get to play music with them, which always makes me happy!

Here's some updates on some of them:

Anthony Evans- most of you know that Ant and I were good friends in college. He's one of the greatest guys I know, and a super talented singer. He'll be in South Florida at Boca Community Church for a concert Sunday night, August 2 if you wanna check him out. He's finishing up with 2 records right now, a solo studio project and a new Christmas album that I can't wait to hear.



Ryan Alexander (Alexander) - I've known Ryan for 7 or 8 years now, and it's incredible how much talent this guy has. I've gotten to work with him, lead worship with him, and I played in his band called "Alexander" for a year or two. He released a record that I got to play on and write some parts for called "White Flags and Silver Spoons Have To Sleep In Separate Rooms" a year or so ago, but recently it just got on iTunes and a couple of the songs have been used as a part of a soundtrack on MTV. Just last night I got a text from him telling me that the song "Sing All You People" was playing on the show Real World:Cancun. Which means that my guitar playing has now been on MTV (sorry mom!). But seriously, Ryan's music declares God's greatness and salvation, and calls us to live lives of justice and mercy. It's incredible that a few of the songs from that record have now played on MTV. He's getting the opportunity to be salt and light in a dark place. Check his music-you won't regret supporting a young artist like him!

Jake Holman- This guy is ridiculously talented. He's leading worship in Cincinnati right now, and late in 2008 released an EP, which you can get on iTunes. I've gotten to play with him and lead worship with him over the last 8 years a number of times, and I can say that he just keeps getting better. Little known fact about Jake-He led worship for a camp in California and the band's name was Campaign. They've done some different CD's with different band members, but the album called "Another Hallelujah" is the one that Jake worked and sang on. It's worth picking up-we do a couple of his arrangements off that record at our church. Great worship leader, great song writer, great friend.



Ocean's Edge Music- this is part of the worship ministry at our church. We started writing a new record last August and we were almost done with the tracks in May when we stopped and began working on a live worship CD. It's coming out on July 24th and it's all songs that we do at Calvary Fort Lauderdale. There are Hillsong tunes, Passion songs, incredible gospel and Latin-influenced cuts and more on it. It's tough to play all those styles well, but our worship team is ridiculously talented and we love to play for God's glory. We hope to get back to the new record soon, but in the meantime, I hope you like the live record. It's gonna be called "Those Who Wait."

0 Comments: