Kenneth Kennedy, 1930-2009


So today was the day. Today my grampa said goodbye to us and hello to Jesus forever. Today was the day he heard, "Well done, good and faithful servant-enter in to the joys of the Lord."

He was a great man-but you've probably never heard of him. He didn't seek fame, power or wealth. He tried with all of his might to live like Jesus would have him live, and if you ask anyone in his family if he did it, we would all shout "YES!" without hesitation.

He finished his race. He ran his course, he kept the faith.

And he ran well. If I could give him a standing ovation today, I would. If I could ask God for anything, it would be for a double portion of his spirit in me. He was a man of discipline, conviction, and prayer. He did justly, loved mercy, and walked humbly with God.

I can't imagine the things he's seeing and doing right now, but I know that he's filled with joy and peace because he's with the God that he loved for the past 67+ years of his life. I can't blame God or really get mad at him, even though He and I have wrestled a lot these past few weeks. God wanted to hang out with Grampa Himself, so He took him home today, to the place Jesus had prepared for him. And now they get to experience face to face what Grampa and God had been doing for the past 67 years!

Grampa is my hero. When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up and be just like him. And now I'm 30, and I still want to grow up and be just like him. He left the most amazing legacy through all the lives he touched for Christ, and his prayers will resound on this earth for many more years.

Well done, good and faithful servant. Well done.

I love you, Grampa. Miss you already.

4 Comments:

The Cooks said...

what a beautiful way to honor your grandpa. i only hope our grandkids can write something half has amazing about teddy and i one day.

so sorry for your loss...

david waldon said...

The great thing about being a christian is knowing that one day we'll see our loved ones again..sorry for your loss..GOD's gain..dw

Myriah. said...

this is beautiful just beautiful, I welled.

Lyli said...

I do believe you are quite a bit like him already.... still praying for you and the family, my friend.

Hugs :)