A Time for Change

So it's been a couple months since my last blog post....and so much has happened. It seems that a tornado has hit my life, throwing all sorts of random stuff in the air, and when it all fell to the ground again, my life is completely different.

Before the tornado, my grandpa was here. Now afterwards, I'm learning what it means to lose someone you love to cancer and I'm learning that goodbye is something that never feels right. God never intended us to deal with death and separation. God's choice wasn't ever to take those we love away from us-He is a God of restoration and reconciliation. I have to remember that more often now, reminding myself that God still has so many amazing things waiting on us, things we can't imagine. One change from this tornado is that for the first time I can honestly say that I am looking forward to heaven.

And I know that sounds weird, but on some level I honestly don't grasp being with Jesus forever in a place where there is joy and hope. There's nothing to compare it to, which sort of leaves me guessing. But the fact that I have someone I love already there waiting on me makes me excited! Excited because I know what it's like to be with him, and spend time together hanging out. And when I remember those things and compare it to the fact that heaven will be that but a billion times over, I get excited about going there!

Before the tornado, my sister wasn't married. Eight days after my grandfather's funeral, she married her best friend, which was amazing!

Before the tornado, I was a blissful newlywed. On the same day as my sister's wedding, my wife mentioned to me that we were going to be parents-a baby was on the way! (Um, note to my wife, I'm still a blissful newlywed. Now I'm dealing with the dad-to-be stuff!)

Wow.

Did I mention a tornado hit my world?? :D

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations! wow.... a baby :D

Mike Seay said...

Woodell, i look up to you a lot man. and i have no idea what causes thes tornados but looking back over the past months or even year there has been a tornado that has changed everthing. Nothing is the same, i look back and it feels like ive never thought about stuff till just now. These changes are divine though and im enjoying where im at now. Your an awesome dude, we should get coffee again, tald about tornados and stuff.

Seriously dude, great job at the wedding.

david waldon said...

Andrew, CONGRAT'S to you and chrissy..parents..cool,you'll be a great daddy to either a boy or a girl. We've noticed the change in you from afar looks like marrige agrees with you..again God Bless you and chrissy and your baby.